Full-Time Position, Fixed-term 1 year (with possibility of one year extension)
Application deadline: 01/08/2020
Starting date : 01/09/2020 (flexible)
The Language and Communication Research Lab/McGill University and Jewish Rehabilitation Hospital-Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and the Mental Lexicon Lab/CRIUGM and University of Montreal are offering a joint postdoctoral position for 1 year, with a possibility of a 1-year extension.
This position is offered within the context of the Words in the World Initiative funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Words in the World website to determine the extent to which their research interests fit within the initiative’s research program. Prospective candidates are expected to conduct psycholinguistic and/or neurolinguistic original research not only in the lab, but also in real world environments. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to actively contribute to ongoing Words in the World research in the two labs and to be involved in lab and research centre activities across the two sites. Primary tasks include conceptualizing, designing, and conducting research projects, and preparing findings for publication.
• Completed PhD (within past 3 years and before the start date)
• Academic excellence, as determined by the quantity and quality of presentations, publications and awards.
• Previous or current research activities in psycholinguistics and/or neurolinguistics, linguistics, communication sciences and disorders, neuroscience. Conducting research across languages and populations is an asset.
• Feasibility of the proposed Words in the World project
• Ability to work independently and to carry out duties in an efficient and timely manner
• Good communicative, writing and social skills
• English proficiency (spoken and written) at advanced level; knowledge of French is an asset.
• Candidates need not be Canadian citizens to apply
• Experience with experimental and other data collection methods, using behavioural methods, EEG/ERP, and/or eye tracking
• Experience with software, e.g., E-Prime, PsychoPy
• Background in current statistical methods (e.g., linear mixed-effects models in R) is an asset
This is a full-time position starting in September 2020 (flexible).
Gross annual salary: 45,000$
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Copy of the PhD diploma (to be submitted before the starting date)
• Statement of interest
• One representative recent publication
• The names and contact details of three referees
Applications should be sent as a single pdf file via e-mail to Drs. Eva Kehayia and Gonia Jarema
Contact Names: Eva Kehayia & Gonia Jarema
Application emails: eva.kehayia@mcgill; email@example.com
For further questions and application submissions, please feel free to contact us.